SEGMENT Race Format – June 29th at Kernadmin
SEGMENT Race Format Modifieds
Spears Manufacturing Modified Series presented by Lucas Oil
For the event on Saturday, June 29that Kern County Raceway, the race will be run in two 40 lap segments, with the driver who scores the best combined finishes of the two segments will be declared the overall race winner:
Here are the details of the race format:
- The driver with the best combined overall finish from the two segments will be the event winner. (Not, necessarily the winner of the second segment.)
- There will be no money or championship points awarded for each individual 40 lap segment, only for the overall score of the two 40 lap segments.
- If there is a tie in best average finishes, the tiebreaker goes to the driver with the best finish in the second segment.
- After the first segment, all cars will be impounded, teams will have 15 minutes to make approved adjustments and repairs, and add fuel to the cars. Same car and same four tires used for both segments.
- After the 15 minutes is up, the cars will remain in impound until the start of the second segment.
- If a car is granted permission to pull out of impound, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- If a car does not complete the first segment, it may enter the second, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- Cars not impounded will be required to be in tech line to be re-inspected by the end of the next scheduled event.
- The first segment will be lined up based on qualifying times, with a redraw for the top 8 starting positions. The second segment will be lined up with a 7 invert based on the finish of the first 40 lap segment.
Thank you for your support of the Spears Manufacturing Modified Series presented by Lucas Oil