UPDATES and REMINDERS: Kern County Racewayadmin
UPDATES and REMINDERS: Kern County Raceway
- RACE FORMAT:
- Heats Races (8 laps each) will set the Main Event Starting Line-ups: Top (8) qualifiers will redraw to set the lineup for Heat #1 in each division, the finishing order of Heat #1 will then determine the top (8) main event starting positions. The balance of the line-ups will be determined by a second heat – this Heat #2 will start straight up.
- Yellow flag will be thrown after 40 – 55 consecutive green flag laps prior to 25 to go.
- Caution laps do not count except the lap the yellow comes out on will be counted.
- Victory Lane will be on Hot Pit Lane.
- FRIDAY TECH PRE-ASSIGNED TIME:All cars are required to roll through the scales on Friday at a designated pre-assigned time for each team.
- TIRES: Super Late Models may not bring any sticker tires into the racetrack – unless approved to do so in advance by Ricky Brooks. Scuffs will be inspected. Pro Late Model and Modifieds will be allowed one set of stickers for the entire weekend.
- All starts will be on the Green Flag by the Flagman.
- The front row must maintain Pace Car speed until they reach the designated cone.
- At the cone the front row gradually increases speed staying together and will be at speed (out of turn 4) together coming to the start line.
- At no time does the front row slow after the Pace Car pulls off before coming to green. Front row must stay side by side and at no time should second place be ahead of the leader before the green waves. Jumping the start could result in a black flag and a pass thru penalty.
- No passing or pulling out of line allowed until you reach the S/F line.
- PIT PASSES PRICING: Two Day: $80, Friday Only: $50, Saturday Only: $50
- SPECTATORS: Fan Admission at the Front Gate opens at 4pm – $25 each, Kids 10-6 $10. No Parking or General Camping Fee. VIP Suites, Trackside RV & Tail Gate Spots are Available for the Weekend. Reservations Required – Contact KCRP at 661-835-1264
- SPOTTERS – IMPORTANT: Be sure your team’s spotter is on top of the main grandstand tower before the engines are fired for your heat race and main event. We have a show to present to the fans and waiting on a spotter to start a race is a bad look for everyone involved – if the spotter is not in place when it is go-time, the car will be black flagged. Spotter’s, please plan ahead to be on time, the elevators will be busy at race time.
- SALUTE TO THE AMERICAN TRUCKER: Saturday’s event will be paying tribute to the American Trucking Industry, please be aware that there will be on track activities with big rigs throughout the night.
- TRANSPONDERS: Transponders must be on the car anytime the car is on track throughout the weekend. Return transponders after Friday’s practice.
- SPOTTER’S RADIO: Each spotter must have a scanner, or a separate radio that will scan the SRL Race Control frequency at 460.0125. No longer may you use a radio that scans Race Control secondary, as it interferes with communication to the spotter, which then leads to directions not being heard.
- LOOKING AHEAD TO IRWINDALE: The May 21st race at Irwindale Speedway will have both the Pro Late Model and Modifieds competing on the 1/3-mile oval. The next Pro Late Model race will be at Kern County Raceway with the ARCA Menards Series on April 23rd.
Thank you for being part of the SPEARS Southwest Tour Series,
the Spears Manufacturing Modified Series,
and the SPEARS Pro Late Model Series
- Where the Champions Race!