UPDATES and REMINDERS: MODIFIEDS at IRWINDALEadmin
FRIDAY TECH PRE-ASSIGNED TIME: All cars are required to roll through the scales on Friday at a designated pre-assigned time for each team. Times will be assigned on Friday.
TIRES: Pre-order from Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612.
CANNOT LEAVE THE TRACK UNDER GREEN: You are not allowed to leave the track under green at Irwindale Speedway at any time during practice, qualifying or the race. Pull onto Turn 4 of the 1/3-milein a safe location, wait until the track is under yellow, and then exit as directed.
PARKING: Please let us know prior to race weekend if you have special parking needs.
SEGMENT RACE: Irwindale will be a segment race, two 40 lap segments, with the overall best score winning overall. See Details Below.
TRANSPONDER LOCATION: Please remember, there is a new measurement, 160 inches from the nose to the center of the transponder.
TESTING: If you test the before the event, all rigs must be out of the pit area Thursday night, and all teams will enter together on Friday.
SPOTTER’S RADIOS: Each spotter must have a scanner, or a separate radio that will scan the SRL Race Control frequency at 460.0125. No longer may you use a radio that scans Race Control secondary, as it interferes with communication to the spotter, which then leads to directions not being heard. If you need radio service and/or products, please contact Frank’s Radio at 800-869-9712.
RULEBOOK UPDATE: Please see the update rule book.
IRWINDALE HOST HOTEL: Courtyard by Marriott– 4 mi to Speedway
14635 Baldwin Park Towne Center
Baldwin Park, CA 91706 (626) 962-6000
SEGMENT Race Format Modifieds
for March 23rdat Irwindale Speedway
Spears Manufacturing Modified Series presented by Lucas Oil
For the event on Saturday, March 23rdat Irwindale Speedway, the race will be run in two 40 lap segments, with the driver who scores the best combined finishes of the two segments will be declared the overall race winner:
Here are the details of the March 23rd race format:
- The driver with the best combined overall finish from the two segments will be the event winner. (Not, necessarily the winner of the second segment.)
- There will be no money or championship points awarded for each individual 40 lap segment, only for the overall score of the two 40 lap segments.
- If there is a tie in best average finishes, the tiebreaker goes to the driver with the best finish in the second segment.
- After the first segment, top five to tech, all cars will be impounded, teams will have 15 minutes to make approved adjustments and repairs, and add fuel to the cars. Same car and same four tires used for both segments.
- After the 15 minutes is up, the cars will remain in impound until the start of the second segment.
- If a car is granted permission to pull out of impound, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- If a car does not complete the first segment, it may enter the second, it will start the second segment from the tail of the field and will be required to roll back through tech inspection before the second segment.
- Cars not impounded will be required to be in tech line to be re-inspected by the end of the next scheduled event.
- The first segment will be lined up based on qualifying times, with a redraw for the top 8 starting positions. The second segment will be lined up with a 7 invert based on the finish of the first 40 lap segment.