All-Star Showdown Updates and Helpful Information:admin
All-Star Showdown Updates and Helpful Information:
January 16, 2020
The following is to help you be better informed for the upcoming All-Star Showdown at Irwindale Speedway.
- CALL AHEAD – The track is available the week of the race for testing. Call the track to schedule your test, testing inquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (626) 358-1100.
- THURSDAY – Irwindale Speedway will host an Optional Open Practice on Thursday, January 30th with all teams invited. Please call ahead.
Fees for Thursday Open Practice will be as follows:
- SRL Tour SLM: $300 per car
- SRL Modified & Pro Late Model: $200 per car
- Pit Pass: $25 per person
- Optional Full Weekend (3 Day) Pit Pass: $100
- TECH ORDER – All cars will undergo inspection by assigned appointments, the Top Five from the 2019 Spears Manufacturing Modified Series will be first, then the order will be based on order of entries received.
- TECH ISSUES – Tech issues discovered that are not fixed to satisfaction by 11:00am on Saturday, or if a car makes more than two attempts to pass pre-qualifying tech, it will result in the slower of two qualifying laps.
- QUALIFYING TECH – Pre-qualifying tech opens at 12:00pm on Saturday; all cars are required to be on the ground ready to roll to tech at 12:00pm sharp. An official will direct your team into qualifying tech line in order. Cars will be impounded after qualifying.
- PIT REGISTRATION – NEW LOCATION: IMPORTANT – Pit Registration for the All-Star Showdown will be located at the Main Ticket Office (Building outside of turns 3 & 4) for the entire weekend.
- IMPORTANT – Pit Registration for the All-Star Showdown will be located at the Main Ticket Office for the entire weekend. (Building outside of turns 3 & 4)
- PIT AREA LOCATION FOR SHOWDOWN – Modifieds and Pro Late Model teams will be parked in the normal Irwindale Speedway Pit Area. The SPEARS Southwest Tour Series Pit Area will be located north (behind) of the main grandstand. If your team has any special parking requests, you must let us know no later than Friday January 24, 2020 to accommodate your requests.
- RACE TEAM PERSONAL VEHICLE PARKING: All personal vehicles will be parked in the General Parking Area (East of the main entrance.)
- FUEL – SUNOCO 110 is the spec fuel of the All-Star Showdown and will be available at the event. Reserve a drum at email@example.com or 626-358-1100. It is each team’s responsibility to have your own fuel supply for the event. Fuel tests will take place during the race weekend – it is your responsibility to ensure your fuel is pure SUNOCO Standard 110.
- ALL-STAR SHOWDOWN PIT PASS PRICING:
The All-Star Showdown Weekend begins with tech inspection and practice on Friday, January 31st.
- Two Day Pass (Friday and Saturday): $80 per person
- Friday Only Pit Pass: $50 per person
Saturday Race Day:
- Saturday Only Pit Pass: $50 per person
- TIRES – Approved tires will be the Hoosier 970. All tires use for competition must be purchased through Hoosier Tire West at 559-485-4612.
- TRANSPONDERS – Transponders are mandatory for all practice sessions. Transponders are available at the SRL Tech Trailer, $35/weekend.
- DUPLICATE CAR NUMBERS – Cars running the same number is allowed, but each car will be required to display a four-inch first letter of the drivers last name low and behind the car number on each side.
- REQUIRED DECALS – To be eligible for any and all cash awards at the event, all contingency decals are required to be in place in proper locations, the Spears Manufacturing windshield decal must also be in place. Decals will not be available until race weekend.
- IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY TRACK POLICIES:
- You are not allowed to exit the track under green flag conditions. During practice you may pull onto the 1/3 mile oval and wait until the track is yellow, then you may proceed to the pit area. The spotter MUST stay in contact with the driver, and in position, until the car exits the track. During the race, the Hot Pit will be located in the infield.
- Minors release form mandatory for anyone under the age of 18 in the infield pit area.
- No minimum age limit in the infield pit area. An adult must accompany minors at all times.
- No BBQ’s or open flame allowed in Pit Area.
- No golf carts, quads, bicycles or any type of motorized scooter, etc allowed on the raceway grounds – includes pits, parking lots and RV areas.
- Spotters in specified location at all times car is on track, monitoring race control with a scanner or stand-alone radio at 460.0125.
Thank you for choosing to be part of
the All-Star Showdown